Pages

Write Me

Sister Burr
Taiwan Taichung Mission
#498-11 Wuquan Road, North District
Taichung City, 40446, Taiwan
Republic of China

amanda.burr@myldsmail.net
taiwantaichungmission.blogspot.tw

Sunday, August 11, 2013

"We are Sister Babes in Zion"


Evening Family,

This week. THIS WEEK! First off, the new companion. To sum her up, she is me but full-Asian, not half-Asian. Kind of. She is really adorable. When she teaches she is really cute because she gets really into it. It's so good. The first English phrase I really taught her was "We are Sister Babes in Zion" so we go around saying that. VERY useful because it's only the truth. She is very determined. She is polar opposites from the trainer and  it's funny because I see now how I slowly picked up attributes from my trainer. She taught me to really listen when I'm teaching others and was the most humble missionary. I really missed her this week. It was so crazy how much I missed her. Missions are funny. You get all familiar with something and then it's just ripped away from you on move-call day. That's okay though because you adjust to the new situation with new miracles and challenges. Isn’t that life? The Clue party went good. THANKS TORI! And we got members involved and there were a lot of new people to meet. This week my Companion, Sister Lai wanted to meet the members so I took her around EVERYWHERE to meet them. She didn’t' know how to use the phone or our investigator’s list so I had to teach her. Basically this week was training her about Gangshan and it was crazy exhausting but so full of smiles and fun! It was nice to really sit down at members’ homes and meet them. I talk with them at activities and church and when they help us with lessons, but it was really good to really focus on their needs and try to help them feel our sweet Heavenly Father's love

My brother is gone! What are we to do!

My Chinese really has skyrocketed. I can't pray in English without really having to think. It really does come so don't fear baby brother.

That Chen JM that I asked you to pray for is breaking my heart! She believes it but she doesn't want to be baptized now because she doesn't want rules or limitations. She wants to live her life to the fullest she says. Doesn't she know she needs the gospel for that!?! Well that's what we are helping her see right now. I understand that though. It's hard to accept commandments and rules when you don't fully understand the meaning behind them. The meaning is love. It always comes back to love. The Lord loves us so much he gave us commandments to protect and bless us and it's an opportunity for us to show our love to him. Lucky us!

Also Sister Lai taught me you can keep the receipts in Taiwan and win money if your receipt number is picked so we did that and got 400 NT! I think this is okay! She just stepped into the shoes of Sr. Companion and has been out just one move-call more than me so we are learning together and loving it.

There is this 12 year old we are teaching and she's preparing to be baptized at the beginning of next month and I was nervous because her grandma don's like the church and her mother isn't supportive. We have really gotten the ward involved and it feels a lot better. Members are so important! They are the ones that stay and they play a big part in helping our recent converts. Every member a missionary!

Family the work is going well.
Love you all sososososos much!
xoxo
Sister Burr



No comments:

Post a Comment