Pages

Write Me

Sister Burr
Taiwan Taichung Mission
#498-11 Wuquan Road, North District
Taichung City, 40446, Taiwan
Republic of China

amanda.burr@myldsmail.net
taiwantaichungmission.blogspot.tw

Monday, April 21, 2014

The Lord is in the Work

Darling Family,

I'm so sorry, I've been miserable at writing you the past weeks. It has been so busy and I'm trying to figure out how to sign up for classes (yikes what), but I think I got it figured out. Wow! I love my sweet new companion. She was just what I was missing in my life. I can't even describe the joy it is to be her companion. She is faithful, fun, her Chinese is amazing, she has a gorgeous singing voice, the cutest laugh, positive attitude, and basically she is an angel fresh from heaven. She was much needed.

Quickly let’s just say how WONDERFUL the message of our beloved prophet was. Wow! Really! Let us be kind and caring to each other. Can the Lord say anymore? We are brothers and sisters just all trying to get back to our Father. Also, I loved Sister Stevens talk on prayer. And how he accomplishes his miracles one prayer at a time. The restoration of the gospel started by one simple sincere prayer than acting on that answer. That was such a good reminder talk. I feel like there were a lot of reminder talks that help remind us to look at how we are doing and what needs to be done. Elder Uchtdorf’s on gratitude definitely was one of those.

Miracles galore. I can't number the miracles this week but it was probably around 20. My favorite one happened last night. There is an RC who is also less active. So sad. Yes I know. And we haven't been able to contact her the past 6 weeks I've been here. We planned to just go to her house last night and as we did her mom was home. We taught her and she was so touched by prayer and the message of God on families and we are going back this week. AND we have a wonderful new investigator Deace who came to church this week and is so prepared and receptive AND we had a former who just walked over to church today just wanted to come back AND we found this family whose mom wants her kids to grow up in the church and has already been reading the Book of Mormon from some Elders who gave it to her in the past AND mango bing is coming in a few weeks. Yum so good. AND this is the Lord's work man.

I love you all so much.
xoxo

Sister Burr
My sweet new companion Sister Biancardi

We have geckos! They make funny sounds. Look it up on Youtube or something. The people of Taiwan use the sounds for their doorbells.

No comments:

Post a Comment