Pages

Write Me

Sister Burr
Taiwan Taichung Mission
#498-11 Wuquan Road, North District
Taichung City, 40446, Taiwan
Republic of China

amanda.burr@myldsmail.net
taiwantaichungmission.blogspot.tw

Monday, November 4, 2013

2 Nephi 31:20


Beloveds,


Sweet family. Wow. This week has been so amazing. I can't tell you the changes that have happened. I feel like a whole new person and I have never been happier or have felt so much fulfillment as I have in these past weeks. I'm so happy that I made the decision to stay and more over I'm so eternal grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has given us the Holy Ghost to guide and teach us.

There are big things happening in the land of Daya. The work is going so well. So amazingly well I'm so worried that a big trial will be coming soon, but no worries. Let them come. You know how much I love challenges. Speaking of challenges I almost got into a food eating contest with the Elders. I'm actually pretty positive I would've won. They don't know how much food I can pack down thanks to mom and her love to feed us food. This week we got some amazing new investigators. There is one that is breaking my heart a little because she met with us and then found another "church" that brings her happiness. NO! No worries. I just know with prayer, proper study, use of scriptures, and love she can begin to see the light. And if it's not her time then we'll hit her so hard with the spirit that when it is her time she can remember that feeling and come around.

I had an amazing experience while studying for her. I really have started to change my prayers. It's all about others. I've been praying so hard for my investigators and so specifically. I also started a prayer journal so when those inspirations come I write them down. I did that for her (She is Sister Lin) and got some promptings. The next morning in personal study I looked at that inspiration and was really pondering it. As I was doing this and reading the Book of Mormon I had the strongest feeling to share 2 Nephi 9:50-51.

50: Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.
51: Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.
52: Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts rejoice.

What a beautiful invite right? Well we were teaching a first and it didn't really fit in but I was okay and I felt like she needs this. More than anything I felt like she needed a purpose. Usually with moms we focus on how the gospel blesses families, but I just felt like she wanted freedom and a goal in life. As we were teaching her, she actually said that's exactly what she was looking for and she was trying to find worth in life. BINGO! No worries, because the Spirit and I had a nice little chat in the morning I knew just how to answer her and more importantly to use SCRIPTURES to answer her. Wow! I'm so grateful for that experience. It just shows what prayer, acting on the inspirations of prayer, and scripture study can do. I can't wait for it to happen again. I've been using the Book of Mormon like crazy lately and we have 3 (soon to be 4) investigators with baptismal dates and 2 are going to hit those for sure. The others need some work. The work is EXPLODING. Sister Park and I taught 11 lessons with members this week and 19 other lessons. That's a lot. Trust me. It's not us. It's the Lord. Xie JM's sister is getting baptized next week! Solid. Testimony solid. And Penelope is still a work in progress. I'm drowning her with love and the spirit, the most important elements in this work.

Are you ready to hit up the Nephite temples???? I can't wait to hear about it. And hey, where are all the Halloween pictures??? C'mon! Love you all. Don't worry. No more bike accidents. We have to wear reflective gear, but it doesn't work because an elder got hit last night. Taizhong is crazy. I can't even imagine Taibei. Poor Valeria.

I love you,
Love Sister Burr
Sister Park's first PB&J!!! She loved it.
My Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment