Pages

Write Me

Sister Burr
Taiwan Taichung Mission
#498-11 Wuquan Road, North District
Taichung City, 40446, Taiwan
Republic of China

amanda.burr@myldsmail.net
taiwantaichungmission.blogspot.tw

Monday, September 16, 2013

Move-Call Madness

Family,

So today is move-call madness and I don't have a lot of time to write so I'm going to drown you in pictures. Big things happened.

A. I moved from the South (Gaoxiong) to the absolute North you can get to my mission. It was a 3 hour train ride. So fun. I'm now in DaYa District in Taichung. My border touches some of the Taipei Mission. I'm going to see a lot more Missionaries and of the Mission President so that is very exciting! And they have a brand new HUGE chapel.

B. Sister Park is my new comp. She is Korean. I have now had an American, Taiwanese, and now Korean comp. She is so cute and when she speaks Chinese wrong she mumbles in Korean. I loved her the first time I saw her in the MTC.

C. I guess I'm no longer a new missionary (but really I am) because I was just made senior comp! Ah! Scary? Maybe. Doable? Absolutely. I have a lot more responsibility now but I really feel okay! I'm just happy to do the work. It was so sad to leave Gangshan. I didn't tell my recent convert I was moving until the end of church because I knew I'd cry. I did. I've seen her from the start and she has changed and we've grown together.

Oh man family. I really love the people I've been fortunate enough to meet.

Love,
Sister Burr
My new Korean companion Park JM, it's her birthday
Clearing algae from the baptismal font
God's Taiwan sunrise canvas
Golden Fox - done by yours truly
Gongshan Chapel
Gongshan District and members
Harry Potter Party
Gongshan member and investigator

No comments:

Post a Comment