Pages

Write Me

Sister Burr
Taiwan Taichung Mission
#498-11 Wuquan Road, North District
Taichung City, 40446, Taiwan
Republic of China

amanda.burr@myldsmail.net
taiwantaichungmission.blogspot.tw

Monday, July 8, 2013

The Dawn of the Chuan


Apples Of My Eye (I taught this to a member and she loved this phrase),

Wow. What a week. Sosososo exhausting and sososo good. Imagine this. Imagine the most excited little 16 year old Taiwanese girl with the thickest hair and the happiest smile and the biggest personality. Now imagine her with the greatest testimony and love for people. Image her hanging out and teaching with two sister missionaries for a week. Imagine them speaking so much Chinese their mouths were about to fall off. Imagine her getting SICK! And then imagine the Elders giving her a blessing. Imagine her leaving tissues everywhere too. And imagine her being an American flag while we said the pledge of Allegiance. This was my week. This was my Duan chuan, Zhang JM. (editor’s note – JM is Amanda’s Chinese abbreviation for “Sister” and it comes after the surname, you’re just going to have to remember this) A duan chuan is a temporary missionary. They usually serve for a week to a month or just how long needed. She came because it was a ward activity and wow I'm so exhausted. It was like babysitting, being a missionary, and being a sister/mom. The crazy life, but it was great. I felt like how Sister C must've felt when I came on. Just watch the Best Two Years and that greenie is me. Always asking questions and just forging ahead and so excited about everything in life. The worst but best. Errand of Angels 101. She reminded me how important it is to really express your love to those you teach. The first night she tickle-attacked me. It was kind of crazy strange because missionaries don't really tickle attack so I was a little shocked.

The week, well I got a flat tire on the road but don't you worry. The people of Taiwan came to the rescue. We were going to meet with a less active and we just walked the rest of the way to her house (we were really in the middle of nowhere) and she ended up not being there BUT her husband was and he was 100% kind and put my bike in his car and gave me a bike to ride and we followed him to a shop!

Sunday was a miracle day! This week just felt like a miracle week. Three investigators at church! Our progressing investigator Sherri was there and Qiu JM (she's the one that thought we become angels)! I had to stop Qiu JM from calling her son in the middle of the sacrament, but she was there!

Let me tell you about Saturday the best day. Our recent convert Avril, taught the lesson with us that day so she was a missionary for the day. We had Sister C, Avril, Zhang JM (the duan chuan. she was with us a week), and me riding on down the road talking to everyone in our path. So many heads turned and so many people talked to. We split up and I was with our Avril and Sister C went with the Duan chuan. I was on my own and off to meet with the investigator we set up with. It was a first visit and I set up with her and she seemed good. We got to her house and we ended up having to go to a 7-11 (that's where you go if you can't meet at their house). I taught her a first and she is the most prepared person I have taught thus far on this island. She wants to know which church is true and wants peace in life. She is just looking for answers and we got em! We really have them! She is coming to FHE tonight and this week we are meeting at her house with her family. sososo excited! Pray for her please? Chen JM.

This week was so exhausting in so many ways, but it was a beautiful week of miracles. So many miracles of less actives coming to church, investigators coming to church, and of finding prepared people. The Lord is so aware of His children. Do something for me family. Read Alma 37:40 to the end of the chapter. It's as simple as the gospel says.

Family! The best life! Thanks for the updates! The 4th sounded so fun and really Tori and that dog...

I love you all so much! Your support means so much to me. When it gets hard I think of you and your love and your support. I can't even express how much it helps me.
xoxo
Love you the moon and back,
Sister Burr
My uv sleeves, all the grannies (ahmas) wear them
 
My bike
 
Good morning Gangshan!
 
 
Zhang JM our Duan Chuan
Our fireworks show
Happy 4th of July
4th of July outfits


No comments:

Post a Comment